Friday, July 18, 2014

Week 41: Under His Wings

Good day Mdm!

My heart goes out to the recent MH17 crash in Ukraine. Reading news like this make us feel so vulnerable and uncertainty. But, that should not put us in the bondage of fear. Instead, through such event, we learn to treasure our love ones even more and have right perspective and priority when it comes to family, work and ministry. Nothing is more important than life. When we do not have the right perspective, we maybe slaughtering our lives away and not spending quality time with our love ones. We missed the point. The Bible says " For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" When Jesus came to this world, He came not to offer us a temporary solution, He came to offer us eternal life! It takes awhile to chew on this.

 The greatest thing we can have on earth is life. That's why Jesus came to give us life and more abundantly.  We are created by God  in His own image. The world has fallen because of Adam's sin. The Satan is out there to get us. Why? Because we are created by God and He is too powerful for Satan. So Satan turn to us and attack us, the image of God. Just like a broke-up relationship, the girl filled with hatred would attack the photo (image) of the boyfriend because she could not get her hands on her boyfriend. Yes, Satan hate us and he will do anything to destroy us.

But be of good cheer, Jesus has conquered the world! We, as Christian, in Christ live with a constant expectation of good. There maybe plane crush in this world, but when we are on that plane, the plane is not going anywhere. In fact, in our recent trip to Amsterdam/Paris, this is how confident I was despite the missing plane MH370. I was so confident that nothing will happen to us. "We will not go missing." I thought to myself "because Jesus is with us." If there's something I want to boast, then let me boast on  my Lord ,Jesus. This is what He came to this world to give us, Hope. Not the hope hope like the world say "I hope so." "Maybe God has mercy, I hope He can heal my sickness. If not, whatever will be will be"

The hope we are talking here is an expectation of good. It is hope that bring joy (not doubt). It is a hope that bring peace (not fear). The Bible in Romans 15:13 says:


Roman 15:13 (AMP)

13 May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope.

I could have been dead, if not paralyzed two years ago. The car accident along TPE could not have been more dramatic. Imagine, a car hitting the kerb, flied and start spinning right in front of you. Sparks flying with the car body rubbing against the road. What is the chances of this car exploding? I don't know. All I knew then was that I was screaming because that was what went through my mind, the possible explosion. I know you may think that I am holy, but to be frank, at that point I wasn't thinking about God nor was I praying for protection. It happened so fast. Death could have taken us all, but not when we have a God who love us. Amen!

This is not luck, I don't believe in luck. Deep down, I knew God was protecting us from being harmed by these reckless drivers. The Bible says in Psalms 91 "A thousand may fall at your side,  ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you." for in another verse in Psalms 18 , it says "As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him."

God is protecting us 24/7. No weapon form against us shall prosper. Amen! He is our shield and all we need to do is to trust Him. Amen! Wow! Feels so good just by sharing this testimony. God is good. In the hopelessness of this world, He sent is only Son, His one and only beloved Son to redeem us. He did this because He love us. We can never fathom this love, its length, its breath, its height nor its depth to its fullness, we can only pray each day that He will give us the revelation of this love through Christ Jesus and His Word.

With this, I leave you with these verses to meditate:

Psalms 91:1-4 (AMP)

1 He who [a]dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!

3 For [then] He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.

4 [Then] He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler.


Grace and peace be with you.


Shalom,
Bro

No comments:

Post a Comment